Monday, February 05, 2007

Copper Canyon Railway















The Copper Canyon train ride to Creel was beautiful, but it started raining, then hailing, then snowing...! I stopped in the little tourist town of Creel, where at two-thousand-something meters (six-thousand-something feet, to be specific) was covered in the stuff. The first day was a snow day, my luck! My friend in New Zealand was calling me the "Snow-bringer", after 11 inches in North Dakota, 5 inches in Seattle, and now THIS, I'm starting to believe it! I stayed--- more like froze my butt off---for 4 nights.

The canyon was incredible, and everywhere you go you find funky rock formations. I mountain biked over ice and mud to the Valley of the Monks, or better known to the indigineous people in their language as the "Valley of the Erect Penises". I'll put more pics up as soon as I find an able computer.

Picture of, er, Monk-shaped rock











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Hi is right, the snow persecutes to You hehehe.Nice photo, its natural? or made by the men? Is interesting;sure, the landscape not the penises hahaha...

Shannen said...

*Ravioli*

It's a natural photo, ha ha ha!!! Te mande un postal parecido, hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha Thanks for tell me; I was thinking in the great job of people hahaha, the nature is beautiful.